How to Download & Install Node.js on Windows
The first step is the installation of the node.js framework to start building your Node.js applications. The Node.js framework is available for a variety of operating systems right from Windows to Ubuntu and OS X. Once the Node.js framework is installed, you can start building your first Node.js applications.
Node.js also can embed external functionality or extended functionality by making use of custom modules. These modules have to be installed separately. An example of a module is the MongoDB module, which allows you to work with MongoDB databases from your Node.js application.
The first step in using Node.js is the installation of the Node.js libraries on the client system. To install Node.js, execute the below steps;
1) Go to the site https://nodejs.org/en/download/ and download the necessary binary files.
2) Double click on the downloaded .msi file to start the installation. Click the Run button on the first screen to begin the installation.
3) In the next screen, click the “Next” button to continue with the installation.
4) In the next screen, Accept the license agreement and click on the Next button.
5) In the next screen, choose the location where Node.js needs to be installed and then click on the Next button. Enter the file location for the installation of Node.js. This is where the files for Node.js will be stored after the installation. Click on the Next button to proceed ahead with the installation.
6) Accept the default components and click on the Next button.
7)In the next screen, click the Install button to start the installation.
8) Click the Finish button to complete the installation.
Watch this video tutorial:
We have seen Node.js’s installation via the MSI installation module, which is available on the Node.js website. This installation installs the necessary modules which are required to run a Node.js application on the client.
Node.js can also be installed via a package manager. The package manager for windows is known as Chocolatey. By running some simple commands in the command prompt, the Chocolatey package manager automatically downloads the necessary files and then installs them on the client machine.