Flutter BMI Calculator
A beautiful BMI calculator app. Developed using Flutter.
The objective of this tutorial is to look at how we can customize Flutter Widgets to achieve your own beautiful user interface designs. If you have a designer on board, no matter how unconventional their designs are, we can create them using Flutter.
It is a multi screen app with simple functionality but full-on custom styling.
- Dart Math
Widgets / Classes Used
- Object Oriented Programming
What you will learn
- How to use Flutter themes to create consistent branding.
- How to create multi-page apps using Flutter Routes and Navigator.
- How to extract and refactor Flutter Widgets with a click of the button.
- How to pass functions as parameters and fields.
- How to use the GestureDetector Widget to detect more than just a tap.
- How to use custom color palettes by using hex codes.
- How to customize Flutter Widgets to achieve a specific design style.
- Understand Dart Enums and the Ternary Operator.
- Learn about composition vs. inheritance and the Flutter way of creating custom UI.
- Understand the difference between const and final in Dart and when to use each.